Injection mold is a tool for the production of plastic products; It is also a tool for giving plastic products a complete structure and precise size. Injection molding is a processing method used in mass production of some complex shapes. Specifically, the heat-melted plastic is injected into the mold cavity by high pressure of the injection molding machine. After cooling and curing, the molded product is obtained. The next days into the die steel small series for everyone to introduce the injection mold commonly used steel and performance.
Performances of Plastic Mold Steel
1, strength and toughness
3, wear resistance
4, corrosion resistance: Some plastics such as PVC, POM and PP, etc., are corrosive, will cause mold cavity corrosion and rust. Corrosive steel is S136H and PAK90.
Steel and its properties commonly used in injection mould
1. Swedish one-hundred company steel
(1) 718S and 718H pre-added hard plastic mold steel: good polishing, good wear resistance, high tensile strength. , commonly used for high polishing degree and high requirements of internal mold parts. Suitable for plastic molds such as PA, POM, PS, PE, PP and ABS.
Factory hardness(hardened and tempered): 718S -- HB290-330. 718H-HB330-370.
Main chemical constituents(%): C 0.38, Si 0.3, Cr 2.0, Ni 1.0, Mn 1.4, Mo 0.2.
(2) S136, S136H corrosion resistant mirror die steel: high purity, high mirror surface, excellent polishing performance, excellent anti-rust acid performance, small thermal treatment deformation. It has excellent mechanical processing performance. Suitable for plastics such as PVC, PP, PE, PC and PMMA.
Factory hardness(hardened and tempered):
S136-Soft annealing to HB215(harden to HRC53). S136H-HB290-330.
Main chemical constituents(%): C 0.38, Si 0.8, Cr 13.6, Mn 0.5, V 0.3.
(3) DF2 oil steel(cold tool steel): This steel has good cutting properties, high carbon content provides good wear resistance, but low toughness. Mostly used for cutting materials, bending, gauge and so on.
Factory hardness: Soft annealing to HB190.
Main chemical constituents(%): C 0.95, Cr0 .6, Mn 1.1, V 1.0, W0 .6.
(4) 8407 hot tool steel: good elongation, low hardness, low and medium resistance to thermal softening resistance, can withstand high operating temperatures. Mostly used for die casting, extrusion die,(PA, POM, PS, PE) plastic mold.
Factory hardness: Soft annealing to HB185.
Main chemical constituents(%): C 0.38, Si 01.0, Cr5.3, Mn0.4, V0.9.
2, Japan Datong Company Steel
(1) NAK80 high hardness high polishing mirror plastic die steel
High hardness, excellent mirror effect, good discharge processing performance, excellent welding performance, suitable for electroerosion and polishing performance mold.
Factory hardness: HB370-400.
Main chemical constituents(%): C 0.15, Si 0.3, Cr 3.0, Ni 3.0, Mn 1.5.
(2) PAK90 mirror corrosion resistant plastic die steel: suitable for precision molds and high mirror surface molds.
Factory hardness: HB300-330.
3, other mold materials
(1) MM 30/MM40 high-strength alloy beryllium copper: Good thermal conductivity, can cast beautiful curved surface, stereo text(maximum casting 300X300). Suitable for die cores and inlays that require rapid cooling or precision casting. High hardness, good cutting performance.
Main chemical constituents(%): Be 1.9, Co + Ni 0.25, Cu97.85.
Factory hardness: MM 30: HRC26-32; MM40: HRC36-42.
(2) S50C-S55C yellow card carbon steel is suitable for plastic mold frame and mechanical parts.
Main chemical constituents(%): C 0.5, Si 0.35, Mn 0.8,
Factory hardness: HB170-220.
(3) 738/738H pre-reinforced hard plastic mold steel is suitable for high toughness and high grinding luminosity molds.
Main chemical constituents(%): C 0.37, Cr 2.0, Ni 1.0, Mn 1.1, Mo 0.4.
Factory hardness(tempered): 738 -- HB290-330. 738H-HB330-350.
The above is the steel and properties commonly used in injection molding molds for everyone to share. The injection molds can be divided into two types: cold flow mold and hot flow mold. According to the loading and unloading method, it can be divided into two types: mobile and fixed. Hope to help you, interested in die steel friends can read more about the die steel "die steel heat treatment on the performance of the impact."